Thursday, March 31, 2011

You Can Keep Your Kindle

I love to read. And I have great memories of my mom taking me to the library when I was very young. My mom, like myself, was raised as an only child. She knew the importance that I learn to entertain myself. I am so grateful she did. Not only do I have a deep love for books, but I love libraries as well. I can wait to take my 5 month old to "baby story time" at our local library.

A dear friend of mine recently posted the article below. I thought it was a good read. Thanks Rachel. You are going to be the best librarian!

Spring Cleaning: Gadgets you can can rid of.
Books: Keep them. Yes, e-readers are amazing, and yes, they will probably become a more dominant reading platform over time, but consider this about a book: It has a terrific, high-resolution display. It is pretty durable; you could get it a little wet and all would not be lost. It has tremendous battery life. You can even borrow them free at sites called libraries

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/technology/personaltech/24basics.html?_r=3

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I felt the same for forever, and resisted the eReaders for years. I will never part with my vast book collection! But my new lifestyle does not allow for the transport of the number of books I read, so my Kindle is like a close friend. I now have a dictionary, a thesaurus, a bible, and all my travel guides in my handbag wherever I go, not to mention any novel that's caught my fancy. I love the feel of a book, but I don't miss the weight. Thankfully, I can get just as lost in the pages no matter the format!

    ReplyDelete