Saturday, February 11, 2012

Marinated Cheese

I had a few requests for this the other night. It has been one of my go to recipes for years. And I use "my" loosely - as it came from Southern Living. Enjoy!


Marinated Cheese

1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup White Wine Vinegar
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 Tablespoons minced green onions
1 Teaspoon Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon dried basil
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1 (2 oz) jar diced pimiento, drained
1 block sharp Cheddar cheese, chilled
1 (8oz) package cream cheese

Garnish:  fresh parsley sprigs

Combine first 10 ingredients in jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Set aside.

Cut block of Cheddar in half lengthwise. Cut cross-wise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Repeat procedure with cream cheese. Arrange cheese slices alternately in shallow baking dish, standing on edges. Pour marinade over cheese slices. Cover and marinade for at least 8 hours.

Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter in same alternate fashion, reserving marinade. Spoon marinade over cheese slices. Garnish, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers.

Makes: 12 to 16 appetizer servings

Hint: I like to place cream cheese in freezer for 20 - 30 minutes before slicing.


2 comments:

  1. dear heavens--anything cheese gets me hungry, but marinated cheese!? I'm DYING! so happy to have stumbled on your blog! have a happy Sunday! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I am already signed up for Friday's Fancies!

    ReplyDelete