Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nursery Sneak Peak

Nurseries are always fun (the decorating that is - not the dirty diapers and midnight feedings).
But, we are facing a difficult decorating conundrum with trying to sell our townhome. I honestly wanted to go in a completely different direction- including fun wallpaper. But since we have no clue if we will move before or after our new baby boy - keeping things simple is the easiest solution. I started with this for my inspiration:


Reason number one -  I am drawn to the beach theme since we live on the coast. Reason number two - the current nursery is painted almost the exact same color. So with a change of fabric and a few decorations - we will have a simple (and money saving) nursery change.


The fabric I chose is called "Crab Netting" in sunset orange by Karen Robertson. This will be used for decorative bedding, changing pad cover, and chair cushions.


This is an original watercolor by the amazing and sweet Sarah Swanson. I have a series of three to bring more of the coral tones into the room.
Be sure to check out her shop, Gallery Wall. You will not believe what a steal these fun pieces are.
I need one in hot pink as well.


What do you think so far? I will post pictures of the finished room in August. Can't wait to see for myself!


1 comment: